From expanding your living space to giving your house a whole new look and feel, there’s no shortage of reasons to invest in interior remodeling. But don’t get too focused on upgrading your home’s interior—there are plenty of good reasons to renovate the exterior, too.
This post will cover exterior remodeling vs. interior remodeling in Fort Worth, TX and why you should invest in your home’s exterior:
- Aesthetic: Remodeling your exterior gives your home a fresh new look. Switching up your siding, installing new windows and doors or getting a new roof can totally transform your home’s appearance.
- Energy efficiency: Updating your exterior can pay for itself over time if you use energy-efficient materials. New siding, windows and doors can all help keep your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer while slashing your energy bills.
- Reduce maintenance: Older homes require a ton of upkeep to look their best. When you hire a professional for exterior remodeling, we may be able to help reduce some of that maintenance. For example, adding new gutters with rain guards helps cut back on time spent cleaning your gutters.
- Security and safety: When you replace your old windows and doors, you don’t just get a better look and a more energy-efficient product; new windows and doors are more secure, keeping your family safe and reducing the risk of break-ins.
- Add value: When it comes to exterior remodeling vs. interior remodeling in Fort Worth, TX, exterior upgrades can add much more value to your home. New siding, for example, can recoup up to 77 percent of the installation costs—that’s much higher than many interior projects!
Exterior renovations with the highest ROI
Not all exterior upgrades are created equal. Besides new siding, here are a few of the most popular projects to boost your home’s resale value:
- Fresh paint: A fresh coat of paint provides a surprisingly high ROI of 43 percent. Better yet, new paint protects your home from the elements and can give your home a big facelift without requiring a ton of time or messy work.
- Outdoor kitchen: Adding an outdoor kitchen can be an expensive investment, but it’s well worth the price when it’s time to sell a home. In addition to helping a home sell faster, outdoor kitchens have an ROI of up to 55 percent. Just remember that you’ll need to hire a qualified contractor to tackle this big job.
- Firepit: An outdoor firepit is the perfect place for friends and family to gather on pleasant evenings. Homeowners who install a higher-end firepit with a natural gas line can recoup 78 percent of their investment.
The RockAway Company has you covered
Whether you’re interested in adding an outdoor kitchen, replacing your windows or something else, our team at The RockAway Company can tackle the job. We have three decades of experience with all sorts of interior and exterior remodeling projects. Contact us today to get a quote for our services or to learn more about exterior remodeling vs. interior remodeling in Fort Worth, TX.
Categorised in: Home Remodeling