Ways to Improve Your Outdoor Living Space
Adding more outdoor space to your home is more desirable now than ever. With the COVID-19 pandemic forcing us to limit our public activities, families are spending more time at home. Having a beautiful outdoor space not only increases your home’s value, but gives you and your family more livable space to spread out in. Typically, you can recoup an ROI of around 55 to 75 percent—and that’s not counting the priceless enjoyment your family will receive.
Here are the best ways to enhance your outdoor living space in Fort Worth, TX:
- Decks: Adding a patio, terrace or deck is one of the best ways to expand your outdoor space. They offer a place to entertain, play, eat al fresco and more. They also give your backyard a more polished look, which is appealing to future home buyers.
- Pool or spa: Adding a pool or spa (or both) can increase your home value significantly. Buyers love the chance to enjoy outdoor recreation in the privacy of their own backyard. It’s also a great space for entertaining—you can host pool parties in the summer and use the hot tub all year round for fun and relaxation.
- Outdoor kitchen: Outdoor kitchens are increasingly popular these days, and adding one could net you a 55 to 200 percent ROI. This largely depends on the materials you use and the quality of the appliances. Generally, they’re a very safe investment, and demand shows no signs of letting up.
- Outdoor fireplace: Texas winters can be mild, which makes an outdoor fireplace a great addition to your backyard. You’ll be able to use your outdoor space throughout the entire year—cook and eat outside, take a dip in the hot tub or have friends over for drinks around the fire!
- Multipurpose storage spaces: Storage sheds have gotten an upgrade in the past decade. Homeowners often add bars, countertops and work tables to maximize their usable space. It’s a smart multi-functional design that allows you to store infrequently-used items in a stylish, functional manner.
- Open access features: Finally, open access features are a hot new trend in home building. This design style uses collapsible window walls, sliding glass doors and other innovative elements to create a seamless indoor/outdoor space. It increases your livable space, but it also creates the visual impression of a much larger home. This is ideal if you enjoy entertaining or want to be able to keep an eye on the kids while they play in the backyard.
There’s no doubt that having plenty of livable outdoor space adds value to your home in Fort Worth, TX. Any one of these upgrades can add value, but when combined, they can make your home extremely attractive to prospective buyers. The most important thing to remember is that quality and fine construction matter—if you’re planning to make upgrades, don’t skimp on hiring reputable contractors.
The RockAway Company can transform your outdoor spaces into a home oasis. When you’re ready to upgrade, call us today.
Categorised in: Outdoor Renovations