Best Investments for a Kitchen Remodel
October 2, 2020
When discussing kitchen remodel investment, the focus is return on investment—how much you will get back on your remodeling expenses when you sell your home. These are areas where it doesn’t pay to go cheap when renovating your kitchen in Fort Worth, TX. While we all need to stick to a budget, these are items where you should feel comfortable splurging. Here are five of the best investments when you remodel your kitchen:
- Quality fixtures: One area where it pays to splurge is the kitchen faucet. Premium brands with single-handle operation will always appeal to potential buyers and be easy to use. There are also new models with touchless activation, which is an appealing feature in this time of COVID-19. Make sure you have enough clearance to operate the handle without bashing your knuckles on the backsplash. Once you have the faucet, a large, single-basin sink that’s no deeper than 10 inches will finish the look. Again, do not skimp on sink quality either.
- Tile backsplash: The wall area between cabinets and countertops is a canvas waiting for your personal touch. Add tile for extra appeal that will attract buyers and create a bright kitchen space. Subway tile is subtle and appealing. Mosaic patterns are pretty, but they are also harder to clean. Unless you plan on living in your home for the next 50 years, choose low-maintenance tiles so potential buyers aren’t turned off by the likelihood of extra work.
- Countertops: Like the sink and faucet, countertops are frequently-used kitchen components where the more you spend, the better return on investment you will achieve. Quartz overtook granite as the ultimate countertop material because it is stain proof, scratch proof and chip proof. Unlike granite, it doesn’t require sealing, and it offers several design options where it can mimic marble and limestone. The real versions of those stones are very high maintenance, so if you can get the look without having to do all that work, you will see a good return on your investment.
- Lighting: Like cheap jewelry, cheap lighting gives itself away. Again, this is another area where it doesn’t pay to avoid indulging. Your kitchen benefits from three types of light fixtures: recessed ceiling fixtures, under-cabinet lighting and pendants/ceiling fixtures. Combining these three provides ambient, task and decorative lighting that will make your kitchen a pleasant place to cook and catch the attention of potential buyers.
- New windows: Remodeling is a good opportunity to change windows. You can make them bigger or relocate them to better support natural light. There’s also the option of choosing more efficient windows or windows that tilt for easy cleaning. Natural light and energy efficiency are excellent investments, but know when to stop. If you have an older house with high-quality wood windows, don’t swap them out for vinyl—keep them to maintain your home’s character.
The RockAway Company offers kitchen remodeling services in Fort Worth, TX. Whether your kitchen model investment focuses on creating a better space or helping your home sell better in the future, we offer the experience to make it happen. Contact us today to schedule an estimate.
Categorised in: Kitchen Remodeling