Your front door is one of the first things people notice when walking up to your home, so it’s essential that the door stands out and makes a good first impression. Believe it or not, front door replacement in Fort Worth, TX is a bit trickier than it may look. There are a couple of different things that need to be taken into consideration, which may be daunting for some homeowners. The good news is that we’re here to help. Keep reading to learn how to pick the right front door for your home.
Wood, glass and aluminum are the most common door materials on the market. Here are a few things to consider for each material option:
- Wood: Wooden doors are most commonly found in more traditional homes, like those in the Colonial or Craftsman styles. Wood doors often have recessed or louvered panels to add interesting dimensions to the door. Along with their unique appearance, wood doors are sturdy and long lasting.
- Aluminum: Aluminum doors range in appearance from subdued flat panels to flashy and trendy designs that you’d find in ultra-modern architecture. Since they come in such a wide range of styles, they can be perfect for any home.
- Glass: Like aluminum, glass doors work well with both modern and traditional-style houses. The glass can either be clear, allowing for unobstructed views and plenty of sunlight, or textured to give homeowners some privacy.
Most front doors have at least one window incorporated in the design. These windows are known as lights, and your design choices are either full-light, three-quarter light, half-light or no windows at all. More glass allows for more natural light into the home, but it may sacrifice some privacy in the process.
With millions of color options and stains, choosing a door color can feel overwhelming. Trust us—it doesn’t have to be! Before choosing a color, ask yourself whether you want the door to stand out or complement the existing color of your home. There’s no wrong answer to this question, but knowing what you want to accomplish makes everything easier when you’re at the store shopping for paint.
DIY vs. professional installation
Finally, you’ll need to decide if you want to put your new door on by yourself or hire a pro for front door replacement in Fort Worth, TX. Here are a few of the reasons to consider hiring a professional:
- Avoid mishaps: Installing a new front door isn’t the most challenging home improvement project out there, but accidents do happen, and you could end up damaging the door or doorframe. Instead of going the DIY route, we advise hiring a professional to tackle the chore and save you any hassle.
- Save money: Believe it or not, having your front door installed may be cheaper than doing it yourself! Contractors can often get better deals for doors than you’d find at the store, so you’ll get a high-quality product at a fraction of the price.
- Satisfaction guaranteed: Since pros know the ins and outs of front door replacement, you can rest easy knowing you’ll be happy with the outcome of your new front door.
If you’re ready to boost your curb appeal with front door replacement in Fort Worth, TX, then call our team at The RockAway Company as soon as possible. We’ll walk you through all of your front door options to ensure you get the door of your dreams.
Categorised in: Home Remodeling