Home renovations in Fort Worth, TX can be tricky. Many people are gung-ho about improving their home, but don’t take into account the cost of materials and renovations compared to what they might gain in resale value. Timing also matters—if you’re doing renovations specifically to get your house ready for sale, you might want to opt for the most popular upgrades, but if you plan to stay in your home for many years to come, you can focus more on what suits your personal needs and tastes.
Here are some of the best ways to improve your home’s resale value:
- Upgrade your kitchen: Kitchen remodels can be a great way to raise the value of your home, but you have to be careful when you decide on a design. For example, marble countertops might be beautiful, but they’re also expensive, and you may not be able to recoup their entire cost.
- Renovate your bathrooms: Luxury bathrooms are a fantastic way to get your buyers to picture themselves living in your home, but even simple bathroom improvements like adding glass shower doors and updating the cabinets can bring buyers in. (Keep in mind that bathroom additions can be even more helpful than remodels.)
- Increase light and space: Open concept homes are very popular today, and it’s easy to see why. Buyers are attracted to the smooth flow from one room to another—young families especially appreciate being able to keep an eye on the kids at any time. Natural light is key to making a space feel open and airy, so you might consider adding to or expanding your existing windows.
- Finish the basement: A finished basement adds a significant amount of livable space to your home. It could be used as a guest suite, home office, entertainment room, playroom or even a home gym.
- Upgrade your exterior: Curb appeal is a big determining factor in home sales. Your prospective buyers won’t be enthusiastic about a home that doesn’t look welcoming from the moment they pull up. Replacing your roof and siding are two great ways to raise the resale value and improve the aesthetics all at once.
- Add a deck: Did you know that adding a deck to your home could recoup up to 80 percent of what you paid to install it? You’ll love the additional outdoor entertaining space, and so will prospective buyers.
Have questions? No matter how you want to upgrade your home, whether you’re planning on selling or you just bought a new place, the team at The RockAway Company are your renovation experts.
Home renovations in Fort Worth, TX
Keeping your home’s resale value in mind when you remodel is important, and there are no better advisors than The RockAway Company. We specialize in home renovations in Fort Worth, TX, from improving your home’s curb appeal to dramatically reconfiguring your interiors. Whatever your goals may be, we can help you create the home of your dreams. Call us today to get started planning for your remodel, and watch the resale value of your home go up.
Categorised in: Home Remodeling