Practically nobody enjoys moving, especially when it means you have to sell one house to buy another. Getting your home ready for sale isn’t just about cleaning, packing and staging the interior—your home needs to have enough curb appeal in Fort Worth, TX to entice buyers. That doesn’t mean you have to wait until you’re ready to move on before you can start improving your exterior, though. Here are some of our favorite ways to add residential curb appeal:
- Replace the siding or repaint: Your home’s exterior walls take up the largest amount of visual space, so what effect are yours having? If the paint is peeling or the siding is cracking, it might be time to give your walls a fresh new look.
- Get a new front door: The front door can be a fabulous focal point—you’d be surprised at the dramatic effect a quick switch can accomplish. Don’t underestimate the power of adding a pop of color into a neutral palette. Jewel-toned doors can enhance the whole look.
- Redo the walkway: Are your walkways crumbling or outdated? It might be time to repave or replace them. This will also help reduce the risk of injury.
- Keep up with the landscaping: This is one of the most inexpensive ways you can keep your home looking great. Keep your grass mowed and shrubs trimmed. If you’re having a hard time keeping up with the garden, a landscape contractor can help you come up with low-maintenance solutions.
- Time for a new roof: Replacing an old roof is one of the best ways to add resale value to your home. Not only will you enjoy the energy savings that comes with a new covering, but with the styles and colors available, you can also drastically change the look of your home in the process.
- Add a porch: Outdoor entertaining space can be very attractive to buyers, so if you’ve always wanted a big porch, there’s no better time to invest. Big porches add more usable space to your home and an inviting look to the front yard.
- Upgrade your lighting: If you’re still using the same porch lights that came with the house, it’s time for an upgrade. While you’re at it, investigate energy-efficient yard lighting that will make your home look welcoming and warm.
- Fencing: Finally, adding or upgrading your front yard fence can add aesthetic appeal. Try a bright-white picket fence to make your home look like the home of your buyers’ dreams.
Boost your home’s curb appeal in Fort Worth, TX
Ready to make the outside of your home as beautiful as your carefully designed interiors? The experts at RockAway Company can help you boost your home’s curb appeal in Fort Worth, TX. We’ll improve your home’s exterior while adding value and improving functionality. From room additions to replacing your windows and doors, you’ll fall in love with your home all over again. Call us today to get started developing your exterior remodel. We look forward to working with you!
Categorised in: Home Remodeling